NEW!! Pathways to Outstanding Classroom Practice
A resource that takes a joined-up approach to teaching and learning to support primary schools in delivering outstanding classroom practice. It is flexible, and provides schools with a wide range of stimuli, video exemplars and downloadable documentation to deliver powerful, cost effective, in-house staff development and school improvement.
Content of this four-part resource:
- Maximising Learning Time
- Creating a school vision
- Consistency across schools for high expectations
- All stakeholders involved in behaviours for learning
- Maximising learning time & getting the day started
- Giving children independence & responsibility
- Meaningful homework - safeguarding
- Marvellous Maths
- How do we plan our Maths curriculum
- Outstanding teaching, learning & assessment in action - Year 4
- Making Maths fun for KS1
- Teaching multiplication to Year 2
- Practical Maths for SEND Year 5
- Making Maths fun for Year 6
- Exciting English
- How do we plan our English curriculum
- Thinking and planning outside the box
- Reception Phonics: TA intervention group
- Use of the ‘Mantel of the expert’, year 2,4,5
- Use of children as peer assessors
- Cross-Curricular Context
- Joined up topics
- Cross curricular hubs in action
- Building confidence
- Making good use of PPA time
Each of the sessions have introduced filmed tutor snippets, filmed examples of good practice in action, effective ideas, and DfE aligned framework documentation that schools can customise and build on.
Pathways to Outstanding
- Based on 25 years of hands-on experience
- Filmed materials from schools across the UK
- Customisable documentation and exemplars
- Stimuli and activities for staff development
- Based on current DfE requirements
About the author
John Hemming’s, has 25 years experience as headteacher of 5 primary schools. He now works as an education consultant working across the country, supporting schools with practical, realistic ideas for self improvement.
He has a proven track record of helping schools on their journey to outstanding.
Licences for local authorities and training providers available.